Welcome

Welcome

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Holy Migraine

Yesterday was one of the ugly days. I had the mother of all migraines. I woke up fine, but after I dropped Sam off at preschool and headed into the store for a few things, it hit me. It progressively got worse, and after I picked up Sam and got back home for some lunch, I was done. I put in a movie for him, laid down on the couch, put a pillow over my head. It got worse. I tried 3 different kinds of pain meds, before I remembered around 4:30pm that Jeff had some really $$ migraine pills left. I took one (the last one), and laid back down. Zach and Emily were put in charge of Sam as soon as they got home from school and I headed for bed (did I mention my hubby is out of town??). Finally, around 7pm I felt a little relief. I was able to get up and check on the kids, making sure the house was in one piece. It was. By 9pm, I was able to sit up and watch some Olympics.

I am so proud of the kids for stepping up last night and helping out when I was not capable of functioning. I love them so much!

During all of this, I spent time in prayer. "God, please make the pain go away." But I also thanked God that it was not worse. In the grand scheme of things, it was just a migraine. It hurt bad, but thank God I do not deal with chronic pain, cancer, etc., on a daily basis. This headache gave me perspective. When I finally when back to bed last night, I got lost in prayer with the Creator, bringing Him all my requests, asking for blessings, and wanting to be consumed with Him, really feeling His presence. I realized that the headache I had was what brought me to Him yesterday.

So, even the ugly days can end good if you take the time to let God do His thing!

I do pray that it does not take a migraine next time!!

I woke up feeling much better today. Now...to get to all that cleaning I need to do...




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better Jenn! Migraines are horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are better! I hate getting migraines :(

    ReplyDelete